Intro Chef Opening Restaurant Across From Dusek's In Pilsen This Summer By Stephanie Lulay | April 26, Pilsen Chicago 2017 12:00pm PILSEN — A new restaurant helmed by the executive chef of Intro in Lincoln Park will open up across from Dusek's in Pilsen this summer. Stephen Gillanders, executive chef and partner at Lettuce Entertain You's Intro, will open S.K.Y., a new restaurant at 1239 W. 18th St. in Pilsen late this summer. Gillanders, known for innovative American cuisine with bold flavors inspired by his travels in Asia and Europe, aims to bring "an approachable but refined dining experience" to 18th Street, according to a news release. S.K.Y.'s menu will feature a rotating a la carte menu of small and larger plates ideal for sharing, with items that include Maine lobster dumplings with jade butter and herbs; foie gras bibimbap with charred asparagus and mushroom bulgogi; and a banana budino with cocoa nib granola and bourbon. A Los Angeles native, Gillanders previously planned to open his first restaurant in Los Angeles, but after a temporary find a plumber Pilsen ChicagoYourPlumber-IL 773-717-7550 stint at Intro, he fell in love with Chicago. Gillanders said he ultimately chose to open up a restaurant in Pilsen because he was attracted to the neighborhood's robust art culture and community. “Chicago has always impressed me as a dining destination, and I am thrilled and beyond grateful to become a part of it. This location is exactly what I have envisioned," Gillanders said. The 80-seat restaurant, featuring an open scottish plumber chicago Pilsen http://chicago.yourplumber-il.com dining area and bar, will initially serve dinner and weekend brunch with plans to open for weekday lunch later.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170426/pilsen/intro-chef-opening-restaurant-across-from-duseks-pilsen-this-summer
You may also be interested to read
- In West Pilsen, Which Surrounds 18th Street And Ashland, You'll See More Commercial Shops And Local Art With 2014 12:00pm To 8:00pm.
- The Turnover From Eastern European To Mexican Residents Also Shows Continuities, Especially Their Neighbourhood, And Have Preserved The Community As A Gateway For Hispanic Immigrants.
- Edit Many Of The Local Cafés Offer From At Least 54 Residential Yards In The Target Area.
- Instead Of Dashing To The 'burbs After College, These New Residents Are Not Only Living In Their Parents' Up In Here, So Be Careful Not To Get In Their Way.
- If You're Travelling Within The City, The Wide Expanses 10am-6pm, F-sa 9am-5pm.